It’s true, I do miss David Letterman. His Late Show started airing around the time I was old enough to stay up late and old enough to get the jokes. Since he was a fixture for most of my adult life, I keep realizing the things I miss, like the space between his teeth, his sarcasm, Stupid Pet and Human Tricks and probably most of all – Dave’s “Top Ten List.”
What is it about a Top Ten List that makes it so attractive? I think it is because we can all manage ten items. Not many of us have the time or interest to commit to a Top 100 or even a Top 50, especially on a frequent basis, but ten is “doable.” A Top Ten list is succinct, already prioritized for us, and makes us feel like we are getting the best of the best (even if we aren’t).
So, given this rationale, I decided to create my own Top Ten of Top Ten Lists related to public relations topics.
Amy’s Top Ten List of Top Ten Lists Related to PR
- Ten Reasons Why Top 10 Lists Make Great Content
- Top 10 PR Blogs You Should Be Reading
- Training Employees to Use Social Media: Top 10 Guidelines for Social Media Participation
- 10 Ways to Improve Your Content Marketing
- Top 10 Quotes from the Most Influential Content Marketers
- Top 10 Women Journalists On Air at Cable News
- Top 10 Political Journalists on Network Radio
- Top 10 Entertainment Shows on Instagram
- 10 Reasons to Hire a Public Relations Firm
- 10 Must-Read Public Relations And Marketing Books
In case you, too, are missing Dave’s Top Ten, check out Top Ten of David Letterman’s Top Ten Lists.